Clean unrestored and very original Lotus Europa Special (74)
You are looking at a last model year Lotus Europa, with the famous Lotus Twin Cam Engine and the Renault Type 365 reenforced transaxle.
- RUST FREE CAR not rust anywhere!!!
- CLEAN California Title
- OUT of the DMV System for year = no back fee and penalties
- 61871 Original miles
- THIS CAR was stored for years, it was discovered and brought back to life. No attempt were made to disguise or hide anything by polishing, waxing, painting etc…The car was washed, cleaned and that’s it. What you see is what you’ll get.
The following was used to bring the car back to life:
- Set of rebuilt early Stromberg carbs (no problematic smog junk on these early units)
- New Fuel Pump
- New Spark Plugs
- Complete new exhaust and studs from manifold all the way back
- New oil
New Fuel pump was connected to a auxiliary fuel source, battery jumpers, water in the cooling system, temporarily connected the throttle cable and away we go.
The engine runs well, no knocking or anything else. Carbs are rebuilt but not tuned.
Buyer will need to:
- Buy a Battery
- Find a suitable throttle linkage
- Buy some air filters
- Fill/Flush the cooling system
- Reconnect the clutch cable (needs the little pivot piece and nut are missing)
- Repair Brakes, currently the brakes do not work
- Fit the new lug-nuts (included as part of the purchase)
The car rolls freely and easily, but the brakes (pedal and/or hand brake) DO NOT WORK! looks like someone removed the distribution block from the system.
I have all the confidence in the world that with minimum effort this can de a fantastic driver! Rust free nearly complete, unmodified, unrestored, paint looks a little faded on the sun facing surfaces but not bad at all.
Judging by the vintage stickers on the car this car was at one time owner by an active Lotus Club Member.
These are fantastic handling cars, the last version of the Europa has nothing to do with the earlier Renaut powered versions. This is the Europa model/series to have!
Thank you for looking at the mini project future driver Lotus Twin Cam!
Location: Foothill Ranch, California, United States
Price: $14,950 <- check here if it's still available
More info: Full listing and Contact details
Originally listed on November 19, 2020. Note that older listings are displayed for reference and will most probably not be available.